Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Part of ME.....

On a chilled winter morning, I reached the college on my black scooty... oh! God I was almost trembling with cold. Walked up those familiar stairs... and reached straight to the shop , for a coffee... after a sip, looked around to find my classmates... and as usual I saw them sitting on the 'Katta'.... same place... same thing... just sipping over some coffee and laughing at God knows what.... I walked towards them... and got a friendly greet... "Hey Gitsy, you look so zonked... have you come for the 7.00 am class....??? Well, as usual you are just about 3 hours late"... :) and me with my... typical self smiled and said.... “Aree Yaar, I just couldn’t get up", and every one just burst out laughing.

As usual I found myself.... a seat...amongst them.... and we all start laughing on God knows what.... :) and then we all, together, crib about our college rules, procedures.... and sounding like a complete revolutionary... take oaths to bring about a change.

Proud of being a "Media Student", there was always a feeling of being able to control and change a lot of things around us....but that was not just a belief... We did change many things.... like syllabus, teachers, rules... Well almost everything :)

I lived a very different life, with my class being my company and my room mates being my family. With all my friends I have laughed, cried and played along united. It was a journey that was too small, but those were the only days, when every day I died to live more :)

Every day was a new challenge to accomplish and those 2 years were a total roller coaster ride. That mid night P K's addressals used be a nightmare... but today they form the most precious spheres of my life.
Those never ending Production and Accounts classes..... Oh! God I just never bothered to attend those... dreadful classes....those sweet nothings at the Chinese Stall.... I so much still miss it all.

As usual attending those classes... and sometimes just whiling away time.... all the friends sat and talked about what they wanted to be in future... Chetan always said... he would be the creative Guru... and Tejas the retail tycoon... Amzath promised to re- invent Management fundas and Deepti just wanted to rule the Cop COM world.... Anushree wanted to write some of those creative jingles....Meeta was the head of the 'PR SAHELI' group, Arindom.... just dint want to do anything... He also wanted to make... dirty films... starring Sayantani.... :) and we all would just laugh at all these plans all evening through.
Believe me... If we once again sat together, we would still have some weird plans for our lives.

Every Day had a joke to laugh on.... a good deed to cherish and a pain to kill.... :) Simply an experience of a life time. As the night fell, we would be found in various restaurants dining and chatting. To explore the city we would travel to unknown places and food joints... just to find some familiar faces to ask that stupid question. “Hey! What are you doing here?" as if only they could get adventurous in life.... :)

Those last minute expensive parties.... and the crazy dance on summer of 69.... It was a song we related to the most... and we still wonder.... what else this song could possibly mean to us..... apart from our happy days together... :) The pulse of love.... would hold every heart close.... and it would only be love that would shine in that atmosphere in the end.... There was a protective arm to guard and an innocent heart to care......at the end of it all....the smiling faces could never fade!

I could never dare to end this story... I just can't.... because this story has no end.... it still goes on in our lives... in its own silent ways.... it still rules a part of us all.... because we left a bit of us behind in those lanes... were we walked, talked and laughed together.....

We left a bit of ourselves at every twinkle of the star we saw together.... at every party we danced to and at every memory we cherish more than anything else in our lives.....

It is still a cold winter morning... but I don't walk up those familiar stairs anymore... have no one familiar to greet me... in fact...I wouldn’t even look around.... Now I just walk... and walk endlessly........... but when I look within... I could still laugh at those jokes.... and shed endless tears on that love...... :)

2 comments:

  1. the second "and we all start laughing on God knows what" was really amusing.

    "and then we all, together, crib about our college rules, procedures...."
    i wonder why that sounds so familiar........ :)

    "summer of 69.... It was a song we related to the most... "

    this article touched me........somewhere.......

    ReplyDelete

Say what you want....