Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am not you, that is why... :)

Ask no question and hear no lie... This is what he told me one day... and obviously I was pissed. Dude I don't ask something to hear a lie...but people live their lives on their own terms... and whatever belief we carry towards a particular thing is actually subjective.

No matter how much we think that we are in sync with the World... society... friends... family… Etc the truth is... We are not in sync with any one. Every one lives more for their own self than the others. Selfless, yes sure people are, but more towards things that are more likely to appeal to themselves.

No, I am not trying to say that every one is selfish, or anything like that. But I do want to say that every one thinks of self a bit more than the others.

I have been brought up in a family, where every member has his own space to think and react to things. He/she can choose their respective paths. No one really asks me... Why the hell I am this way? But they sure say... OK you are moody and weird.

But don't take these words as judgments; these are more of characteristic description and acceptance. The point that I am trying to drive home is there is no use in being judgmental about things and people. People are People... and if they are a particular way... or think a particular thing... then they are so, that is all. Hence nothing really makes a person good or bad. It just forms their characteristics.

The things we find bad... may not be really bad. But they sure are displaced. Like food on a dining table, is taken as 'clean'... gives a good feeling... and the same food... in the loo... sure gives a creepy feeling and also brings in a feeling of being 'dirty'. Hence the truth remains that there really is nothing clean or dirty, it is just a displacement of things that make us feel so!

That is why the statement... Ask no question, hear no lie... bugged me... but in reality... may be my mind perceived it as something displaced... But the one who said it... to his mind it must have seemed perfect for that moment. Come on people don't always like to talk shit... Do they?

Think about it... just two words... Subjective... and Displacement... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want....